Monday, February 4, 2008

Tom Jones "When I Fall in Love", Vaya Con Dios "The Promise", Junior Senior "Hey Hey My My Yo Yo", Geri Halliwell "Passion"

TOM JONES - WHEN I FALL IN LOVE

Tom Jones - When I Fall in Love
Year: 2005


1.Autumn Leaves [3:09]4.5 Mb
2.Spanish Harlem [3:20]4.9 Mb
3.Begin the Beguine [3:17]4.9 Mb
4.You Came A Long Way from St. Louis [2:37]4.2 Mb
5.My Foolish Heart [2:37]3.7 Mb
6.It's Magic [2:46]4.3 Mb
7.Georgia on My Mind [4:10]6.3 Mb
8.Hello Young Lovers [2:27]3.8 Mb
9.Taste of Honey [2:50]4.1 Mb
10.Nearness of You [3:13]4.5 Mb
11.When I Fall in Love [3:01]4.3 Mb
12.My Prayer [3:43]5.8 Mb
13.That Old Black Magic [3:06]4.7 Mb
14.Mothers Eyes [2:56]4.2 Mb
15.Brother Can You Spare A Dime [2:58]4.8 Mb
16.Fly Me to the Moon [2:26]3.5 Mb
17.(Sitting on) the Dock of the Bay [3:21]4.9 Mb
18.Hey Jude [3:46]5.4 Mb
19.Let it Be Me [2:59]3.9 Mb
20.Youve Lost that Lovin Feelin [4:14]6.8 Mb

Tom Jones "When I Fall in Love" Album Review

Album Description
On this new collection of top notch Tom Jones tracks you get exactly what it says on the label; one of the world's most popular vocalists singing 20 All Time Classic Songs. On this carefully chosen collection, Tom stamps his own unique personality on these 20 all time greats, including 'When I Fall In Love', 'Georgia On My Mind', 'Dock Of The Bay', 'Hey Jude' and 'You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling' to name but a few! Spectrum. 2005.






VAYA CON DIOS - THE PROMISE

Vaya Con Dios - The Promise
Year: 2004


1.No One Can Make You Stay [4:06]6.1 Mb
2.Ain't No Love in the Heart of the City [3:09]4.9 Mb
3.Don't Deny [3:29]5.6 Mb
4.La Llorena [4:20]6.5 Mb
5.Take Heed [3:51]6.1 Mb
6.Je Laime Je Laime [2:52]4.4 Mb
7.The Promise [3:20]5.2 Mb
8.Ilia (Vaya Con Dios and Bonga) [4:20]6.5 Mb
9.La Vida es Como Una Rosa [3:05]5 Mb
10.Es Wird Schon Wieder Gehen [3:35]5.4 Mb
11.How We Lose (How We Win) [3:22]5.1 Mb
12.Je Te Veux (Vaya Con Dios and Grim) [3:11]4.1 Mb

Vaya Con Dios "The Promise" Album Review

Album Description
After a ten year hiatus from the spotlight, Vaya Con Dios and it's driving force, singer Dani Klein are back with a new album, The Promise. Originally formed in 1986 by Klein and then partner, bass player Dirk Schoufs with guitarist Willy Lambregt, the band achieved international success by breaking down genre barriers within popular music. By effortlessly combining a rich variety of Mediterranean rhythms, along side melancholy gypsy music, Indian, and Arab sounds, it all showcased the trademark voice of Dani Klein. Vaya Con Dios went on to sell over 7 million albums and had such hit singles as 'Just A Friend Of Mine' and 'Puerto Rico' from their debut album 'Vaya Con Dios' in 1988 'What's AWoman' and 'Nah Neh Nah' from the album Night Owls in 1990. PIAS. 2004.

Video Vaya con dios - The Promise

This song is taken from the 2004 comeback album 'The Promise': a jewel!






JUNIOR SENIOR - HEY HEY MY MY YO YO

Junior Senior - Hey Hey My My Yo Yo
Year: 2005


1.Hello [0:43]1 Mb
2.Hip Hop A Lula [3:12]4.6 Mb
3.Can I Get Get Get [3:12]4.6 Mb
4.Take My Time [3:48]5.4 Mb
5.Itch U Can't Skratch [3:06]4.4 Mb
6.We R the Handclaps [3:01]4.3 Mb
7.I Like Music (W. O. S. B) [3:43]5.3 Mb
8.Ur A Girl [3:01]4.3 Mb
9.No No Nos [3:46]5.4 Mb
10.Dance Chance Romance [3:23]4.8 Mb
11.Happy Rap [3:21]4.8 Mb

Junior Senior "Hey Hey My My Yo Yo" Album Review

Just. Look, At. The. Cover.
Know somebody who is so unhappy? Put this on. Make em' freak that something this joyful is coming out of their speakers. Best thing is, if you don't mind too-happy music, and have a sense of rhythm and funk, Hey Hey My My Yo Yo! (thatt is fun to ype!).

Before this album, Junior Senior released a song called Move Your Feet, from D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat. Even if you only own this one and don't care about that album, Move Your Feet still is a must have. Seriously, do something I normally am against: Downloading single songs! I sure don't like it, but I don't think the rest of D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat really is worth my time. This album was released two years ago only in other countries, why anyway? Do you think I have a passport to go to Denmark (kidding, this ain't worth the trip to Denmark or whever the _____ Junior Senior released this album)? Whatever happened, it's here, with a bonus disc that's the same length of the main album! Alright!

Don't be upset if something thinks your gay (just play some manly music if you really give a _______) while listening to this. Yet it's not ear splitting _____ like Hannah Montana, you know, tween music. It's dance, funk, pop, and the genre that the b-52s are in. And it's spread across 34 minutes of get the ________ up and dance music. It's not that inaccessible at it's core, although some of the songs didn't have the instant gratification you expect from music like this. Meaning the songs may not sound as great as they do the first time they do the third time, or fourth, or fifth. Or second. Okay, I'm done.

The first disc is where all the magic happens. The lyrics are positive, the music is positive and funky. Yes, there are a couple of very very high voices and voices I can't explain of We R The Handclaps, but it's sincere stuff. You can tell Junior Senior (the two guys on the cover) and their backing band can play and make you dance, and love what they are saying. All well and good till the last song.

However, once you put in the second disc, it will only bring you down. I was thrilled with the inclusion of another album, until I released it's total crap. Maybe that's a bit unfair, but after hearing the pop songs on the main album, I was pretty mad. The songs on it just lack something, and chances are they won't no much for you. I did like the cowbell groove of Simple Minds Do Simple Things part 2 and the phone call, but don't even hunt down for the two disc edition (ya know, in case this edition is out of print) in the future. You'll just waste your money. I can't fathom somebody spending 90 dollars for mediocre songs on a disc.

Judging on the fact that the second disc is free, there's no real loss. Besides, the main album would have been bought by me without the bonus audio, anyway. It's not going to blow your mind as a whole, and I certainly won't pop this on everyday. It's not five star material, but I think you should check it out. If you need happy music to sing along and dance to, you probabely would want to put this on your wish list. Bonus points if your a guy.

7.5/10

Video Take My Time - Junior Senior

All handrawn video from Junior Senior's second album "Hey Hey My My Yo Yo"






GERI HALLIWELL - PASSION

Geri Halliwell - Passion
Year: 2005


1.Passion [2:55]3.9 Mb
2.Desire [3:22]5.2 Mb
3.Love Never Loved Me [4:03]7 Mb
4.Feel the Fear [4:14]6.8 Mb
5.Superstar [3:27]6.5 Mb
6.Surrender Your Groove [2:58]4.5 Mb
7.Ride [3:45]5.3 Mb
8.Theres Always Tomorrow [3:48]5.4 Mb
9.Let Me Love You [4:06]6.1 Mb
10.Don't Get Any Better [3:22]5.7 Mb
11.Loving Me Back to Life [3:24]5.3 Mb
12.So I Give Up on Love [3:08]4.5 Mb

Geri Halliwell "Passion" Album Review

She's losing her motivation (whatever it is)
This album is good, but her previous effort "Scream If You Wanna Go Faster" was much better! There are some stand out tracks on this CD, namely "Ride It", "Desire", and "Let Me Love You More". It also features some big-band/jazz numbers at the opening and closing of the album that are a lot of fun.

And in headlines lately, Geri will be rejoining the Spice Girls as they reunite for one last work tour in December of 2007. How exciting!

Video Geri Halliwell Passion video montage

Passion´s Video montage (first track from Geri´s newest album).






No comments: