Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Roxy Music "The Collection", Liza Minnelli "Results"

ROXY MUSIC - THE COLLECTION

Roxy Music - The Collection
Year: 2004


1.Virginia Plain [2:59]4.3 Mb
2.Do the Strand [4:01]5.8 Mb
3.Street Life [3:27]4.9 Mb
4.The Thrill of it All [6:22]9.1 Mb
5.All I Want is You [2:53]4.1 Mb
6.Love is the Drug [4:08]5.9 Mb
7.Out of the Blue (live) [4:39]6.7 Mb
8.Ain't that So [5:37]8.1 Mb
9.Dance Away [3:46]5.4 Mb
10.Same Old Scene [3:57]5.7 Mb
11.The main Thing [3:52]5.6 Mb
12.More than this [4:30]6.4 Mb

Roxy Music "The Collection" Album Review

Three CD set.....not all are great,....sorry!
I gave this Set three stars since out of three CDs included in this set, really, only one Cd is fantastic.

Basically, of the three Cds included in this Set , I still prefer the ROXY MUSIC Cd the best. Why?? Because some of Brian Ferry's songs are just plain too weird for me.

This is just my opinion: .... but if you love Roxy Music, as I do, then it's probably better to buy "The BEST of ROXY MUSIC"...period! I found that some of Brian's songs to be just plain boring, so why buy a 3 Cd set?

In my opinion, I think that Brian Ferry was at his best when he was with ROXY MUSIC (rather than as a single singer).






LIZA MINNELLI - RESULTS

Liza Minnelli - Results
Year: 2005


1.I Want You Now [4:41]7.3 Mb
2.Losing My Mind [4:11]7 Mb
3.If There was Love [6:46]11.1 Mb
4.So Sorry I Said [3:13]5 Mb
5.Don't Drop Bombs [3:37]6.3 Mb
6.Twist in My Sobriety [4:51]8.3 Mb
7.Rent [3:53]5.1 Mb
8.Love Pains [4:10]6.8 Mb
9.Tonight is Forever [5:03]6.9 Mb
10.I Can't Say Goodnight [4:54]7.6 Mb
11.Losing My Mind (Extended mix) [7:00]11.8 Mb
12.Don't Drop Bombs (Extended remix) [5:55]10.5 Mb
13.Love Pains (Steve Hurleys remix) [5:37]7.9 Mb

Liza Minnelli "Results" Album Review

Mellow Like Vintage Wine
This cd which was originally recorded in the late 80's is timeless. A sure departure from Liza's stage music, this is a superb collection of songs! Subtle drama, lush arrangements, and rich vocals are only a portion of what is inside.

The opener, "I Want You Now" features Liza's voice right up front and surrounded by strings and interesting sound effects. "Losing My Mind", a Stephen Sondheim composition from Follies has a driving rhythm and a velvet vocal from Liza. Vivid visual images spring to your imagination wrapped in Liza's musical voice, narrative, and the audio effects in "If There Was Love". One of the finest ballads on the album is Liza singing "Sorry I Said". It is perfect for her voice. "Twist In My Sobriety" is a real twist and turn within the song itself. Striking yet funky, this one is unique! Liza's vocal is perfection on the sweeping ballad "Rent". "Love Pains" is a fascinating uptempo dance number with Liza singing in a new vocal genre. "I Can't Say Goodnight", the final number on the cd, has a smooth jazz arrangement and a silky vocal from Liza.

Musically, this was the best of the Pet Shop Boys collaboration cds with one of America's greatest artists of all time. Liza had reached a peak in her career and was vocally perfect. This cd represents a unique time that only gets better with age. It's one I love to play over and over.

Video LIZA MINNELLI sings LOVE PAINS

A salute to the incomparable Liza Minnelli, with photos from her life and career. "Love Pains" is taken from her 1989 CD "Results", produced by Pet Shop Boys (Neil and Chris) and Julian Mendelsohn. The song was written by M. Price, D. Walsh and S. Barri.






No comments: